Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pulizer Prize


The Boston Fire:
The picture is beautiful. But in fact it makes me feel uncomfortable because I exactly know what happens right after the picture: the mother and her child die. One's death is very personal, I think it is kind of intrusive to watch this sort of picture. It also makes me feel upset that two people are actually dying. That is how people must have felt watching this picture and that is why the photograph is a really good one: he touched people, made them realize fires are atrocities that can kill lots of people, even if firemen do their best to save them. This picture is a real eyeopener.






Welcome home:
This picture is the kind of things I like to see, It is something really happy that remind people how much war was hard for families. When we talk about war, we think about guns, bobs, death... But there was very strong emotional moments, like when soldiers went back to their families.
That is what is happening here; in this picture you can see a woman running to someone with a big smile. It is very representative of how much soldiers could have missed their families, and how much their families could have missed them. I could not imagine to experience such a thing with my brother and my father... This picture really moved me.

0 comments: