Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Playing For Change




Well here is one of my favorite bands... It's named Playing for Change. First, don't you think this name is wonderful? You will appreciate it even more when you know what the band is about. They just took people around the world, in different countries, and made them sing a part of a famous song. Most of the time they are not famous people, but persons in the street.
I think this band is a great way to realize how much music can make people equal; it is an international language.
I picked Stand By My, originally sang by Marvin Gaye. I was so touched the first time I heard it... So I hope you will love it as much as I do.

Let me know what you think =)

8 comments:

Amanda McKinney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie Sayers said...

I watched this last year in my english class. The whole class thought it was pretty neat that they cut and put in all these different people singing this song. I like it.

Shelby Leonhard said...

Wow!! This post is really cool!! The way they sang the song really represents the song lyrics. It was very touching how they had all different kinds of people from around the world singing together in one song. This is a very meaningful post!! I really liked it!!

Willie Allen said...

i like how they took all the people singing and put them together into a song and that its a smooth transfer from person to person.

Keith said...

Wow, that was really pretty. That was a really good video.

Amanda McKinney said...

Hey Justine! I really like this song. I’ve heard it a lot before when people in the flood in Florida. I was watching the news cause my friend in Iowa, where I moved from, she moved there because of the flood it ran her whole family out of Florida. They played this song when the person on the whether channel showed pictures of the wreckage. I started to cry because they lost everything. It is very international video and a lot of people would cry if they understood what it really was about. Amanda

KinseyB said...

Wow they are so good! I think its amazing how they have pulled the nations together through one song. It's very moving and comforting to know that we are not alone in this big huge world. : )

Shane said...

I must commend the creator of this video for splicing it together so flawlessly. Making that video would require a great deal of time and effort, and the message portrayed with it, pulling the world together, is superb.